Enable Terminal Services on Longhorn Server Core Beta 3
4/30/2007 - By: Todd Spatafore
Longhorn Server Beta 3 finally arrived this week. I'm currently in the process of replacing all of my Longhorn Servers with Beta 3. I started with my Server Core install.
The guidance documents that I've seen are all based on beta 2, and a lot has changed since beta 2. To enable terminal services on server core follow these steps:
- Enable Terminal Services with this command:
- Cscript C:\Windows\System32\SCregEdit.wsf /ar 0
- if you need to connect from a non 6.0 Remote Desktop Client also run this command:
- Cscript C:\Windows\System32\SCregEdit.wsf /cs 0
- Open the firewall with this command:
- netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="TS" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow
Remote Desktop should now work.